Pages

Monday 22 November 2010

NYX Round Lipstick

NYX lipsticks are another NYX great product! Like with all other NYX products, there is a wide variety of shades, a total of 142. So there is a colour that will almost definitely appeal to you.They are $4.00 on the website, but you can get them for $2 on cherryculture.com or at an Ulta store, since there tend to be a lot of sales.  So basically it is $4.00 for 0.14oz, whereas a MAC lipstick is $14.50 for 0.1oz.

The first thing I noticed when I applied it is the creamy feel, so much so that lip balm springs to mind. I definitely love the texture and feel of their Round Lipsticks. This lipstick definitely feels like its moisturising my lips as opposed to making them feel dry and chapped. The staying quality is good; mine lasted approximately 3 hours, with no eating/drinking.

I’ve seen people talk about how they smell like plastic. I unfortunately have a very poor sense of smell and so to me they seem to be scent-free.

The packaging is not very fancy, it’s rather basic to be honest, but it works.  The black tube looks presentable and not messy. I like that the bottom of the tube is a transparent cap, you are able to see the actual colour of the lipstick.

In short, I like the quality of these lipsticks.  Their application is very smooth and creamy, they definitely don’t dry out my lips, and I don't need to re-apply as often. One thing I do have to note, however, is that some shades do tend to bleed slightly and so that is one thing you have to watch out for.


Rating: 
o       Product: 8/10
o       Price: 8/10
o       Ease of Use: 8/10
o       Packaging: 7/10                  Total B+





I don't own many NYX Round lipsticks so I can't really provide many swatches, but makeupgeek.com has swatches for EVERY Round Lipstick, here's a link... 
 
http://www.makeupgeek.com/swatches/nyx-round-lipstick-swatches/
hope it helps, and my apologies for not providing swatches myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment